Happy New Year! A 2023 Re-Cap
Local Renewable Energy Access is More Important than Ever
We are proud to share last year’s highlights and that we continue to grow and enable more local renewable energy.
- New Sun Road’s partnership with PG&E continues to deepen with seven remote grids on the Stellar platform, including PG&E’s first 100% renewable energy system at Pepperwood Preserve in Sonoma County, California.
- Forbes featured our partnership with PG&E in an interview entitled, “When Elephants Dance with Mice.”
- We proudly completed a first close on our Series A led by Skyview Ventures and Nelnet and matched by the Microsoft Climate Innovation Fund.
- In August, we signed a $1.3M contract with the Guatemalan Ministry of Science and Technology and USTDA for a feasibility study on how to accelerate the deployment of community-centric solar power.
- In September, the whole New Sun Road team gathered in Richmond, California and we built two Footprint Project Sunkits (portable solar generators) which were donated for wildfire disaster relief in California and Oregon.
- We were accepted into EPRI’s Incubatenergy Labs program, where we completed a 16-week project demonstrating how microgrids can provide services to the grid to prevent capacity constraints on local distribution. Check out this short video.
- We now have 20 women-led digital community centers operating in Guatemalan highlands in Alta Verapaz and Huehuetenango.